Rhubarb & Sour Cream cake
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten1 1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sour cream
4 cups sliced rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
1/3 cup superfine sugar
1/2 teaspoon freashly grated nutmeg
heavy cream, for serving
DIRECTIONS
~Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter an 8 x 5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment or waxed (greaseproof) paper.
~Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. ~Fold in the flour and baking powder alternately with the sour cream and rhubarb.
~Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Combine the sugar and nutmeg and sprinkle over the cake mixture.
~Bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 30 minutes before turning out.
Serve warm with heavy cream.
I also picked my first bouquet of lilacs today.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment. Mostly I am writing these stories down for my family, who as of late seem to be scattering like the wind. As much as I hate to admit it, I DO love comments as they encourange me to continue! :)