Tuesday, September 6, 2011

State Fair 2011–Part 2

 

Besides eating, we did a few other things at the fair.  One of my favorite places to go is to see the Miracle of Birth Center.

023-1

The babies are so cute.

024-1

I feel bad for the cow because someone obviously peed on him.  There is no way he could do that to himself.

 

025

The goats were funny.  These two kept pushing each other off the bucket.  There was a little kid, about 7 years old, next to me with a yard stick.  He kept on poking the mom goat in the head.  Finally a worker came over and told the kid to stop.  The kid said he wanted the goat to get out of the way so he could see better.  The mom just stood there like it was all fine.  I couldn’t believe it.  The worker had to ask him about a half dozen times to knock it off.   Some people.

027-1

We went over to the swine barn to see the fattest pig.  Wouldn’t you know…

029-1-2

032

A couple other fun things we did was watch the milk chugging contest at the Moo Booth.  They had an over 18 category to see how many carton they could drink in 30 seconds.  The winner chugged 4 cartons.  We all thought Lucas could have won.  They were giving out free samples of chocolate milk. 

033-1

The only ride the kids went on was Crazy Mouse.

056-1

Lucy lost her pig ears on that ride.

064-1

After the ride, there were 4 tickets left over.  The girls really wanted an “Angry Bird”.  They said last year Michael won at the Water Game so they invested in him.

086-1

Unfortunately, Michaels gun was stuck in a down position.  The lady working the booth came over to try to help him, but it was too late. He lost miserably.

072-1

She must have liked him because she game him another chance and next time he won.

085-1

We didn’t go on any other rides but it was fun taking photos at the fair.

047-1

There is nothing like the fair.

055-1

I can’t wait until next year.

093-1

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why you guys would think I would have won the milk chug contest. Michael drinks more milk than I do, and 4 cartons sounds like a ton! Great to hear about the fair!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Mostly I am writing these stories down for my family, who as of late seem to be scattering like the wind. As much as I hate to admit it, I DO love comments as they encourange me to continue! :)