Friday, February 3, 2012

Shadow

I had great visions of shadow photos featuring our two cats using a flood light.  A photo on Pinterest inspired me.

cat shadow

But alas, the cats were not in the mood. 

Scene 2.

Lucy has been asking for a pair of Converse tennis shoes for 3-4  months now.  She and three of her friends went to the mall a couple weeks ago, in a pact of friendship, to get the same shoe in the same color.  She was going to pay for them with her own money. It didn’t occur to them that the store would not stock 4 pairs of size 6 red high tops.  Their bubble burst and they walked away empty handed.

Lucy couldn’t get the shoes out of her head so a few days ago we went back to the store to get red Converse tennis shoes.  I asked Lucy if her friends would be mad she got a pair.  She said no because the group wanted red high tops which are sooooo different.  The store did not have her size but agreed to place an order.  Said shoes were delivered on Thursday.  Lucy had gymnastics practice after school and didn’t get home until dark.   Red Converse- a thing of awe and beauty.

Shadow

125ISO * f1.6 * 1/1 * 50mm

web_post_p52_2012

2 comments:

  1. Even though you can't see her expression, you can just "feel" the awe in her face! Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cat image is cool, and inspiring, but the shadow you presented is very well done. Love the pony tail and sense of "serving" up the shoe.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Mostly I am writing these stories down for my family, who as of late seem to be scattering like the wind. As much as I hate to admit it, I DO love comments as they encourange me to continue! :)