Tuesday, October 5, 2010

First State Qualifier

We spent a good part of our weekend working at the First State Qualifier for the Level 5 & 6 gymnasts.    Our girls competed in the last session on Sunday afternoon







We don't really care about the scores.  Lucy just started gymnastics just 2 years ago and has only been on the team 1 year.  We just want the girls to have fun and enjoy sport with their teammates and coaches. 


Gracie, Lucy, & Sydney






















The girl's first event was the vault.  Here they are on the sidelines with Tiffany waiting to start.  I wonder what she is saying to them?  Kind of reminds me of a mother hen with her chicks.  Sydney always has the best expressions.

 The 3 girls warming up on beam make Gracie look like a Buddha from India with many arms.
 
 
 
 
 

They are supposed to be warming up on the floor.  All doing the same routine at once.   Their timing seems to be a wee off.



The event the girls struggle the most with is on the bars.  Last week they were pretty stressed and told by one coach to NOT FALL OFF.  This week, the head coach Tommy was there.  I am not sure what he said to Lucy before she went on but she does not look stressed in the least.














































Right before she does any event, Lucy gives a yank on her pony.  I think it is funny because her pony is super tight and hair sprayed in.  There is no way it is moving anywhere....











































except for flying high.





 The girls rock on the beam.  Love Sydney's split leap.







Lucy was a star on beam with a 9.0.  She got 1st place in the 12 year old division. 




Lucy's last and final event was floor.  Her coach said not to worry about the score...just go big. She needed an all around score of 32 to make it to state.  Her all around score was 32.65. 

I think her look says it all.



1 comment:

  1. Very long post with a lot of pictures...Always good

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Mostly I am writing these stories down for my family, who as of late seem to be scattering like the wind. As much as I hate to admit it, I DO love comments as they encourange me to continue! :)